Golda Poretsky, H.H.C. is a certified holistic health counselor who specializes in Health At Every Size. She counsels women and men throughout the country on how to get off the dieting roller coaster, give their bodies what they really crave, and love their bodies and themselves. For more information visit Body Love Wellness.
Jennifer Jonassen is an actress, dancer, writer, performace artist, and fat activist living is Los Angeles. She stars in the upcomining FAT, a documentary about size acceptance. To see her work at Plus Model Magzine and Random Acts of Irreverent dance visit JenniferJonassen.com.
Gillian Hood-Gabrielson, MS, ACSM, is an intuitive eating and fitness coach specializing in helping women break the diet deprivation cycle and overcome emotional overeating. She is the owner of Healthier Outcomes and loves working with her clients from all over the world in gaining self-acceptance and getting their lives back.
Kelly Bliss, M.Ed., A.C.E. is the author of Don't Weight, Eat Healthy and Get Moving NOW!, and producer of Fitness with Bliss. Kelly provides PlusSizeYellowPages.com, and is founder of Lifestyle Watchers™ - an alternative to the anxiety of watching your weight!
Miriam Levy Gordon, Ph.D. is a person of size who got her Ph.D. in Developmental and Molecular Biology from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2001. Since then she has been has been involved in science policy and communications, and is an advocate of Health at Every Size. Contact her.
Shannon O'Donnell has had several careers and none of them made her skinny or fat. Learning to be who she is in the world has been a voyage of discovery and surprise. Contact her.
Tara Elise James lives in New York and works as an administrator and instructor for a graduate program in women's history. She has written for and done work on issues having to do with racism, women's rights and size acceptance. Contact her.
Andie Westling is a college senior, trying to find her way in a world of way too smart skinny minnies. She's here to vent her frustrations, gain ideas that rock, dispel ideas that don't, and help herself and you feel amazing: inside and out.
SueW is a medical researcher, author, violinist and web geek, and grandma to four grandkids and great grandma to Taylor Christina! Visit her blog.
Fatima Parker is a public speaker, journalist/ broadcaster, counselor, and author. She is a regular guest speaker on self esteem, healthy living and size acceptance, on radio, television & print Media, in the Middle East, Africa, the UK, the USA & online Media.
Ragen Chastain is a 5'4 280lb three-time National Champion Dancer who runs the non-profit Body Positive Dance. She is a writer and motivational speaker based in Austin, Texas and you can find her on the web at danceswithfat.org.
Pattie Thomas, Ph.D. is a medical sociologist. A fat activist since 1994, she authored a sociological memoir about being fat and disabled (with her husband, Carl Wilkerson, MBA) called Taking Up Space: How Eating Well and Exercising Regularly Changed My Life. fattypatties.blogspot.com.
Peggy Elam, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist, licensed massage therapist, healer, journalist, poet, artist, and founder of Pearlsong Press. She lives in and works out of Nashville, TN.
Pat Ballard is the author of romance novels with Big Beautiful Heroines. Her novels are motivational for women of all sizes. She is also the author of "10 Steps To Loving Your Body."
Marsha Hudnall, RD, MS, CD is owner of Green Mountain retreat. Green Mountain's program is for women who want to stop dieting, learn how to feed themselves well without feelings of deprivation, enjoy physical activity again and feel good about themselves regardless of their size.
Norma Ketzis Bernstock writes and creates art in her studio in the woods in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. A member of the Upper Delaware Writers Collective, her poems have appeared in many literary journals and anthologies.
Patricia L. Kett, RN, BSN, CHt is a semi-retired Rn, currently teaching groups or individuals Stress Management and Meditation. She is a certified Hypnotherapist and do group and individual sessions of Hypnosis for Weight Loss and Smoking Cessation.
- Kate Harding is the founder of Shapely Prose. She is a Chicago-based writer and former editor. She authored Lessons from the Fat-o-Sphere: Quit Dieting and Declare a Truce with Your Body, co-written with Marianne "The Rotund" Kirby and is a regular contributor to Salon's Broadsheet
- Isa Saeteng is a poet and artist with a BA in Human Development living in California. Her interests include psychology in relation to cultural competency, marginalized communities, neuropsychology, behavioral medicine, and abnormal behavior.
- Lynn McAfee is the Director of Medical Advocacy at the Council on Size & Weight Discrimination. She is an expert on medical politics and the weight-loss industry including regulatory agencies such as the FDA, the FTC, and the NIH.
- Alice Ansfield, is founder, editor and publisher of Radiance Magazine: The Magazine for Large Women - in print from 1984 and 2000. She is also founded the "Kids Project," sharing stories from and about large-size children.
- Esther Rothblum, Ph.D., is Professor of Women's Studies at San Diego State University. She is the editor or co-editor of close to 30 books, including "The Fat Studies Reader" (New York University Press, 2009).
- Sondra Solovay, JD, is lawyer focusing on weight based legal issues. She is the author of "Tipping the Scales of Justice" and co-editor of "The Fat Studies Reader."